Monday, May 14, 2012

Welcome to my new blog

When it comes down to it, I live to have unstructured playtime with my family and sometimes friends. Sitting and chatting with loved ones in my very clean house (having even been recently dusted), the table is set, and a tantalizing dinner is in the crockpot, etc. A scenario like this is a dream come true! It's not that this scenario never happens, but just like everybody else I am busy, along with other limitations (for me, hand power - tendonitis)! To better enjoy the best things in life, I have decided to make it my study to explore innovation in the art of homemaking. I want to keep things simple, and this blog is my place to store time-saving tips, money-saving tips, soul-saving tips, mind-saving tips, and anything else I decide to put on here. I will update whenever I feel like it, because the silliest thing in the world would be to have a blog on simplicity and homemaking complicate my life and detract from my homemaking. We'll see how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. At my bridal shower, I got some great advice - have your husband's path through the house clean when he comes home from work. So every day I try to make sure I have my kitchen (back door), dining room, and living room tidied up when Michael comes home. Michael, of course, never notices. But it is REALLY important for ME to feel like I have that one thing under control at the end of the day. It's also a great habit for the kids to know that they have to pick up their toys at the end of the play-day, and also sets a quiet and peaceful family mood for our home. Our time together is sacred, and having a neat, tidy house really helps. I mean, all the wailing, melting down children is perhaps less relaxing (why is 5 PM the worst time of the day?!)but at least the house lends an aura of serenity to the family chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nessa - that is great advice! Erin - I have been meaning to ask if I can be invited to your blog - pretty please?

    ReplyDelete